If you are purchasing second-hand computers, Dell is a good choice.
We get a lot of questions regarding the purchase of computers for running Kreloses. Here are some quick tips when purchasing used computers in Malaysia. Purchasing a second-hand computer is a valid choice if done correctly. You can expect to spend around RM899 in total, but make sure you read the tips below to ensure that you purchase carefully and correctly.
Kreloses can run on almost any computer made in the last 10 or so years. Kreloses is a website, and like most websites, the hardware requirements are low (i.e. you do not need a particularly fast computer). However, to get the best experience, you will still want to ensure the computer itself is not slow, and that everything in Windows itself is running reliably and at a reasonable speed.
Please note, this is for companies who are purchasing second-hand computers. Also note this is not a comprehensive analysis, rather it is just the key points to help some of our customers make better purchasing decisions.
👌 TIP 1: Look for a machine with the following minimal specifications.
- Dell Optiplex 9010
- Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-3470M 3.20Ghz (i3-3rd gen would also be fine here).
- HDD 250GB
- Ram 4GB (do not get less than this amount of RAM).
- USB 8 port
- Window 10 Pro 64bit Ori with licence
- RM500 (Computer only, expect this to get cheaper every day) 🏷️
This computer is about 7 years old, but with a 3rd generation i5, windows 10 and the minimal 4gb ram, you will have a good overall experience in windows and any website. Just ensure you buy from a good second-hand dealer. Most second-hand computers have a 6-month warranty. We have a reliable re-seller we have worked with, please contact us if you would like their details.
👌 TIP 2: Check the following things when you have received the second-hand unit.
- Has an activated and legitimate version of Windows 10 (Home or any other version is fine).
- Can run Windows update and it updates fine (it is absolutely critical that you check this).
- Does not have any smell or smoke odor.
- Is a legitimate refurbished unit from a reputable brand (Dell is usually good).
- Do not accept units with lots of marks or scratches on the case as this often hints at rough usage.
Always ensure that you run the Windows update successfully.
👌 TIP 3: Do not purchase second-hand monitors.
- Second-hand monitors are often low resolution, have degraded quality and often do not last long. You can get large, high resolution and cheap excellent monitors online at Lazada.
- Look for any 1080P, 1920x1080 resolution, preferably IPS (Samsung, LG, Benq are good brands).
- Do not pay more than RM380.
- The LG 24" 24MK430H FULL HD IPS LED Monitor, is an excellent monitor for the front desk, plenty of space and resolution for viewing busy calendars but also perfect for any usage.
- RM374 (3-year warranty, online delivery) 🏷️
- You can check out the monitor here.
A low cost but fantastic monitor choice, The LG 24" 24MK430H FULL HD IPS LED Monitor.
👌 TIP 4: Buy your keyboard/mouse for cheap online.
The MK120 combo is a low cost but effective keyboard and mouse.
⚔️ PRO TIP 5: Install an SSD harddrive (Optional)
- If you have someone in your company who is comfortable with computers, installing a low-cost SSD drive in an old machine will increase performance dramatically. This change alone makes an immense difference and is highly recommended if you or someone at your company is comfortable making this change.
- Simply purchase a low-cost SSD like the Sandisk 240GB plus, and simply move windows to that partition and watch the old computer fly.
- You can check out the SSD here.
- RM145 🏷️
If you have the expertise, installing an SSD is an amazingly low cost and effective upgrade. You will notice the difference immediately.